The call for participation has now closed
This is a call for participation in the first MySQL Miniconf which will be part of the linux.conf.au (LCA) 2007 conference in Sydney, Australia. The Miniconf will be run on Monday, January 15th, before the conference proper starts.
This is the first conference of its type to be held in the Southern hemisphere and we are looking forward to participants from areas around Australia, New Zealand, South-East Asia, India and South America.
Any topic is allowed based around MySQL. Types of presentations that we're after, include:
- Conference presentations (30 - 45 minutes)
- Tales of Deployment (10 - 30 minutes) - these are designed to show people how MySQL has been implemented in the real world, which will comprise of a mash-up of a case study and a discussion session.
Please submit an abstract of your suggested presentation via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For all abstracts, the following information is required:
- Title of Presentation
- Description (no longer than 250 words)
- Targeted Audience
- Full Name
- Email Address
- URL of Home Page (if it should be listed in the program)
- Job Title (if it should be listed in the program)
- Company/Affiliation (if any)
- Postal Address
- Contact Telephone Number (for last minute issues, cell phone number preferred)
- Short Biography (1 or 2 paragraphs)
Your proposal must be sent before the 30th November 2006 in order to be considered for inclusion in the conference.
Please note that the MySQL Miniconf forms part of the LCA 2007 main conference held by Linux Australia. This means that you must register for LCA 2007 attendance to participate in the conference. For further details regarding registration and accommodation for LCA 2007, please visit LCA 2007.
Speakers will be notified by 7th December 2007.