A Presentation by James Cameron
- list some of the open source tools for electronics development,
- describe the author's electronics design software environment, (what packages has he got installed),
- demonstrate the use of gschem in geda.sourceforge.net for capturing schematics, ''(content was removed)''
- demonstrate the use of pcb.sourceforge.net for constructing printed circuit boards, ''(content was removed)''
- discuss the various means to fabricate printed circuit boards, ''(content abbreviated)''
- show a few recent small-scale personal projects, such as the motion detecting night light http://quozl.linux.org.au/ls/ or the doorbell pulse extender and event logger http://quozl.linux.org.au/doorbell/ ,
Relating to the OpenWRT project http://www.openwrt.org/ ...
- display and discuss car boot based wireless automatic offsite backup system, using OpenWRT, rsync, ssh, and a laptop hard drive,
- display Netrek server operating on an embedded router using OpenWRT,
- briefly describe the packaging constraints.
Relating to the One Laptop Per Child (OLPC) http://www.laptop.org project:
- display and discuss two of the OLPC A-Test laptop boards,
- display and discuss three of the OLPC B-Test-1 laptops,
- discuss results of rural low noise testing (not yet complete).
- presentation was delivered using ''Bruce the presentation tool'', using text file input.