davidc [at SPAMFREE] cse [dot SPAMFREE] unsw [dot SPAMFREE] edu [dot SPAMFREE] au
So I'm having a problem with Ubuntu 8.10 on Fiesty Fawn (on a Macbook Pro Revision 2,2). I *think* it's an issue with Xorg. Here's the situation:
- I have the Synaptics touchpad driver installed. It is working correctly under X.
- I have installed 'pommed' (which allowed the brightness, volume, eject, etc. buttons work) and configured /etc/pommed.conf appropriately.
- It does *not* work under X.
- If I switch to another tty, the buttons work fine.
- If I add the following to my xorg.conf, it works under x, but synaptics doesn't:
Option "AutoAddDevices" "False"
- I *believe* this is because pommed relies on 'evdev', and my xorg log shows evdev being unloaded when I usually start X, but not when I add those flags. However evdev breaks synaptics??
Any help would be greatly appreciated! My email address is above. :-)