International Derivatives Trading Firm
Technology driven leaders
Our client is a proprietary trading firm who specialise in high frequency derivatives trading, including market making. They currently trade the Asian markets, and are opening offices in Australia.
Technology is the driving force behind the success of our business, and we seek a high caliber individual to join a young, dyamic technology team.
The successful candidate will join a growing team at the heart of our business, that is responsible for the day to day operation of our trading systems. If you have an analytical mind, believe in a proactive approach to system operations and enjoy troubleshooting mission critical systems in a fast passed trading floor environment, then this role is for you!
Responsibilities and Duties
• Administration and maintenance of critical trading applications within a distributed multi-server environment
• Work in a central role between traders, desktop support, network and development teams, assisting and coordinating when necessary
• Develop scripts and other tools to support our trading systems operations as required
• Developing IT policies and procedures in conjunction with the management
• Provide general trading floor support directly to traders
• Be part of a team that covers multiple shifts (including some after- hours support as needed).
What you offer
• University Degree in Computer Science or related disciplines
• Strong Linux skills in a production environment (Redhat/Fedora preferred)
• Strong knowledge of TCP/IP networking
• Knowledge of major trading systems: RTS, GL, ORC, Fidessa is preferred
• Exposure to market data services such as: Reuters, Bloomberg, Activ is preferred
• Working knowledge of at least two of the following: PERL, PHP, Java, VBA, DELPHI
• Experience with MySQL or Oracle in a production environment
• Excellent technical troubleshooting and problem solving skills under pressure
• Excellent communication skills in both spoken and written English is a must
• Experience in a trading environment highly favored
What they offer
• A young, fun, casual work environment, that is results driven
• Life/work balance, a multi-cultural environment, and reasonable work hours
• A quickly growing company, that encourages the exploration of new technologies and ideas
• A flat management structure, where everyone is willing to voice his/her opinion
• Hands-on experience in the most exciting part of the financial industry
• Discretionary bonus scheme
If you want to work in a fast paced and proactive working environment, allowing you to be highly visible and rewarded on your results, then joining this exciting company will be a positive change in your career.
To apply, please send through your resume to Jason Bohringer - Jason.firstname.lastname@example.org