Anchor is a leading Australian hosting provider based in Sydney, providing a range of services from domain name registrations, shared hosting, managed servers and co-location.
We are seeking an enthusiastic new staff member to join our team as a second level support guru with a penchant for Windows system administration.
This is an ideal position for a recent graduate or someone with 2+ years experience in Windows support to cut their teeth in system administration as well as build on and otherwise improve our Windows hosting infrastructure.
You will be working under guidance of senior administrators, on the Anchor server farm of 500+ machines.
Responsibilities and skills required for the job include:
* Excellent communication skills with a sound command of the English language.
* An ability to decipher cryptic customer requests
* Intermediate/Advanced Windows skills
* A comprehensive understanding of TCP/IP networks
* Support for managed server customers via both email and telephone
* Obsessive-compulsive attention to detail
* Routine maintenance of shared and dedicated hosting servers; applying security updates, scheduling outages, responding to monitoring systems and complete post mortem analysis.
* Excellent testing, troubleshooting, debugging and analysis skills
* Configuring systems services such as: IIS, Apache, MSSQL, MSSQL, Exchange, MDaemon and Active Directory
* Good awareness of security related issues and have a paranoid approach to system configuration
* Experience with rapid-deployment of stand alone Windows servers
* Obsessive-compulsive attention to detail. No really.
* Programming/scripting experience specifically with VB/batch scripting.
* Experience with IIS/.NET/ASP best practices in a shared hosting environment
* Experience with enterprise Windows backup solutions
Anchor offers a casual working environment, and our office is fully equipped within spitting distance of many local pubs and public transport.
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, please send all resumes and CVs to email@example.com - More information available at: http://www.anchor.com.au/about-us/jobs/