Learnosity are looking for a DevOps/Linux Engineer to join our growing team.
Learnosity is an award winning company which develops cutting edge tools for language learning and is used by the leading educational publishers and assessment companies globally. We deliver millions of assessments every year to users on 6 continents.
You will be:
- Working with development project teams in an agile environment on solution design;
- Building, deploying & maintaining systems & applications on the Amazon Web Services cloud;
- Delivering robust systems, on-time and on-budget;
- Liaising with stakeholders on an ongoing basis as infrastructure subject matter expert;
- Creating monitoring systems to manage availability of environments and systems.
- Experience working with secure, high performance and high availability Linux systems
- Strong understanding of networking and systems architecture
- Strong knowledge of Ubuntu/Debian or Redhat/Centos, AWS EC2, MySQL
- Experience of administering web servers for high traffic sites;
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills;
- Ability to collaborate as part of a development team;
You will also need to be:
- keen to continue learning new technologies
- Able to have a conversation with non technical and technical people alike
It would be great if you have:
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar.
- been contributing to open source projects
- Experience with PHP, Python or Java
- Version Control System experience (Git and SVN)
This is a full time role where you’ll be working with an awesome team in a great office based in Sydney's CBD. Using cutting edge technology and systems you’ll have a chance to get on board with a rapidly expanding company. Salary commensurate with experience.
If this sounds like the job for you, email a covering letter explaining why you'll be great and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org - no agencies please.