About the job position
Here is a fantastic opportunity for a Junior Linux Engineer to learn and work with a high-performing team, ensuring availability of Linux platforms and running software at scale. Working as part of the Infrastructure team, a Linux Systems Engineer will assist with the creation, development and deployment of complex systems infrastructure projects. In this role you will be expected to work on multiple projects with your team members and interact with other teams to deliver the product in time. It is expected that throughout the process you would explore all available technical solutions to provide the best result to our clients.
- Linux Systems Administrations (CentOS, RedHat, Debian, Ubuntu, all considered)
- Passionate and willing to learn
- Self motivation in furthering your experience and your familiarity with existing and emerging technologies.
- Great communication skills, ability to work closely with your team members.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to perform under pressure and under changing work demands
All the below are __bonus__ skills, if you do not have them that's cool as long as you are willing to learn :
- Experience with many standard "web" protocols (HTTP, DNS, SMTP, IMAP, etc)
- Experience with any high availability solutions
- Experience with a number of open source tools/software: Cacti, Nagios, OpenLDAP, Nginx,
- Experience working with virtualised environments
- Exposure to ISP environments
- Participation in open source projects
If you have a passion for developing your experience in Linux skills within an Linux only environment, this could be a great career opportunity for you. The job is located in Woolloongabba (Brisbane).
About iseek Communications
iseek Communications is an Australian owned data communications services provider to clients including some of Australia’s largest organisations. With offices and data centres in Brisbane and Sydney, iseek specialises in resilient data networks, mission-critical Internet services and managed colocation facilities. iseek’s network extends throughout Australia with a point of presence in every major capital city servicing both business and residential markets.
iseek Communications offers a fun, fast-paced and challenging working environment that encourages and supports personal development and the opportunity to learn the latest technologies.
To find out more, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.