Council Meeting 14 Apr 2010

Thu, 2010-04-15 20:06 - 20:40

Linux Australia teleconference, and #LACTTE IRC channel

Apologies: Shaun Nykvist, Alice Boxhall.

Present: John Ferlito, Peter Lieverdink, Lindsay Holmwood, Michael Carden, James Turnbull, Elspeth Thorne.

Notes

  • Accept minutes of ["Last Meeting"]
    Proposed: John
    Seconded: Michael
    Unanimously accepted.
  • Report on LCA2011.
    The council discussed a debrief from ghosts. Elspeth volunteers to be our LCA liaison.
  • Status update on LCA2012 bid documentation.
    Michael will collect bid documents and go over the current documentation. Then ask the rest of the council to look and comment.
  • Status update on Linux Australia store.
    Peter to contact Del.
  • Status update on insurance.
    Association insurance: Documentation read and looks good.
    Volunteers insurance: Documentation read and looks good.
    PLI: We have a current policy.
    Events insurance: Not yet. When this is finalised we'll cancel the PLI, as events insurance covers PL as well.

    Motion to go ahead with the association and volunteers insurance.
    Proposed: John
    Seconded: Peter
    Unanimously accepted.

General Business

Discussion of any items that provide relevant information to the council and which might generate motions for next meeting or new action items.

  • PyCon AU
    Committee are ready to go. Current spare account will be used by PyCon AU.
    John will create 2 new bank accounts for LCA odd/even. Documentation is ready to go to the bank, to get those set up.
  • James' Abdication
    Council has discussed succession planning.
    Media training to be organised for those who wish it. James will provide John with details, so we can get that started.
  • Education Expo
    John will contact Sridhar for more organisational details.
  • Survey
    Council will check over the current revision.
  • OSDC
    There are 20APs in Brisbane. John will check if PyCon AU requires them. If so, Elspeth will ship them.