Thu, 2010-05-13 20:05 - 20:41
Linux Australia teleconference, and #LACTTE IRC channel
- Apologies: James Turnbull, Elspeth Thorne.
- Present: John Ferlito, Michael Carden, Peter Lieverdink, Alice Boxhall, Josh Hesketh, Lindsay Holmwood.
- Motion: Accept minutes of ["Last Meeting"]
- Report on LCA2011.
Team are working on the budget, drafts shared with council. Are booking venue and organising accommodation.
Zookeepr hackfest was this past weekend. Zookeepr just about good to go.
- Report on PyCon AU.
Nothing to report.
- Status update on LCA2012 bid documentation.
Need to tidy up the wiki doc and announce on the weekend.
- Status update on LCA2010.
BAS statement needs to be filed and tax paid. Andrew will transfer earnings to Australian bank acocunt when done.
2 pallets of gear to be shipped. Will check what can go directly to Brisbane and what to Melbourne
Motion: Leave NZ bank account open with around $10k in it, so we can pay future reimbursements locally.
- Status update on Linux Australia Store.
Nothing to report.
- Status update on insurance.
- Status update on accounting software.
John is going to work with Josh to set it set up.
- Status update on Education Expo.
John has spoken with Patrick and we'll organise an invoice we need to pay.
- Status update on Survey.
Survey is live. 111 responses sofar. Council members to forward survey details to any local LUGs. Tweet it from the LA twattr account.
- LGM sponsorship.
Motion: Provide LGM with $3k sponsorship. Prefer they spend it on flying an AU/NZ to the conference.
The motion is carried.
The secretary has received notice of resignation from the president
Motion: As of May 30th 2010, for James Turnbull to step down as president and John Ferlito to become President.
Motion: As of May 30th 2010, for John Ferlito to step down as Treasurer and to become President.
Motion: As of May 30th 2010, for Josh Hesketh to join the Linux Australia council as Treasurer.
Discussion of any items that provide relevant information to the council and which might generate motions for next meeting or new action items.
- Drupal Melbourne may be the process of forming. Suggested that rather incorporating, being an LA subcommittee might be an easier option. Attendees seemed to agree.