Council Meeting 4 August 2010

Thu, 2010-08-05 20:06 - 20:36

Linux Australia teleconference, and #LACTTE IRC channel

Apologies: Joshua Hesketh, Alice Boxhall

Present: Michael Carden, Peter Lieverdink, Elspeth Thorne, John Ferlito, Lindsay Holmwood

Agenda

  • Accept minutes of Last Meeting
    Proposed: John Ferlito
    Seconded: Elspeth Thorne
    The motion was carried unanimously
  • Status update on LCA2010.
    Bank hurdles have been overcome and the first of the funds transfers should clear by the end of this week.
  • Report on LCA2011.
    CFP is closing this weekend. Need a budget update.
  • Status update on LCA2012.
    John will write a new president's report and note that submissions close next week.
  • Status update on shwag.
    Ship TAS gear to MEL. Peter and Josh to organise.
  • Status update on Survey.
    Publish raw data, summarised freeform responses next week.
  • Diversity policy sponsorship requirements
    Not a bad idea, though some people might find it insulting. Try to co-opt Sarah to create a diversity policy as a response for event organisers.
  • Brendan Scott's project.
    Suggest a CC license. Still awaiting comment from Andrew Tridgell and Ben Powell.
  • Drupal Down Under subcttee request
    No objections in principle, but want a slightly more detailed budget. Send cleaned PyCon budget as example.
    Peter to ask Sheree & Jeff to write up the broad proposal and send to linux-aus for comment.
  • Community wiki Progress
    Use lugs.linux.org.au - add TAC and set up access control.
  • Insurance query re HackerSpaces; machinery accident cover etc?
    Andy to write up a proposal and send to linux-aus for comment.
    John will investigate required insurance cover.
  • OSSPAC booth & cross-promotion
    John will contact Kent and verify if a paragraph in the presidents report would be acceptable.
  • Associations Incorporation Act 2009
    We'll need to do a full audit on account of turning over more than $250k/yr.
    Peter to double-check the changes.
    John will find a volunteer to check difference between old and new model rules.
  • AUDA
    Board is meeting soon to decide on the future of conf.au. John will check contacts to see if we can lobby.

General Business

  • Discussion of any items that provide relevant information to the council and which might generate motions for next meeting or new action items.