Thu, 2011-11-10 20:04 - 20:40
- Present: Michael Carden, Joshua Hesketh, Josh Stewart, Peter Lieverdink, John Ferlito, James Polley.
- Apologies: Alice Boxhall, Kelly Yeoh.
LCA 2012 update
An LA representative needs to contact SecurePay and demand that AMEX payments are enabled.
- Community Awards
The Rusty Wrench has been found! Council will accept nominations via website. Will send a shortlist to previous recipients, who choose a winner.
Must remember to announce election before it opens.
- LCA 2013 update
LCA2013 team have access to the LCA2013 account.
- Budget progress for new financial year (provisionally starting 1 October)
Draft is at http://wiki.linux.org.au/Budget2012
Provisionally, we've run slightly over the past budget because we purchased new hardware.
- Drupal Down Under 2012
Tracking well. CFP will close 14 Nov.
- The Ada Initiative/Adacamp grant request
Motion: Tentatively approve a $1000 grant. Unless someone speaks up on the list and objects, in which case we'll re-visit this vote, approve the grant request when the 7 week waiting period passes on November 15.
Motion was carried unanimously.
- Treasurer's report
Need to kick off audit of the next report.
- Code of Conduct
Need to accept the change on the google doc and publish.
- Update on new server hardware
New hardware has been ordered.
- Secure Boot seems to have quietened down. Pursue?
Publish a statement on where LA stands on EFI SecureBoot. Agreeing with the whitepapers (RedHat & Canonical & Linux Foundation)