Council Meeting 14 February 2013

Thu, 2013-02-14 19:50 - 20:50

MINUTES COUNCIL MEETING 14 February 2013

Present: Bianca Gibson, Joshua Hesketh, Francois Marier, Hugh Blemings, Josh Stewart, Clinton Roy, Kathy Reid (all present, no apologies)
Quorum was achieved

Meeting opened 1950hrs

Minutes of previous meeting moved as correct by Josh Hesketh, seconded by Bianca, carried unanimously

Action item summary

ACTION: Kathy to approve pending MemberDB memberships, liaise with Pieter to make it happen
ACTION Joshua to follow up with Pia directly to discuss TBL.
ACTION: Kathy to provide an appropriate response to speaking services request
ACTION: Joshua to arrange media training.
ACTION: Joshua to document travel agency details
ACTION: Clinton, Hugh, to book flights. Francois is already booked for F2F.
ACTION: Kathy and Hugh to get Westpac customer ID numbers
ACTION: Continue using Trello
ACTION: Kathy to add Action Item Summary to list
ACTION: Joshua to add details of LACTTE list moderation on the Wiki

Log of correspondence

Applications for membership
ACTION: Kathy to approve pending MemberDB memberships, liaise with Peter to make it happen

BarCampMelbourne have applied to be an ongoing subcommittee
Discussed below

Email was received from a community member regarding speaking services.
ACTION: Kathy to provide an appropriate response

Previous action items

Follow up to TBL funding issue.
IN PROGRESS

Face to face organisation
UPDATE: Bianca is currently arranging accommodation, ETA to completion 16/2

F2F date
Has been set for 2-3 March. Most people can make it.

Media training
ACTION: Joshua to arrange media training.

Document travel agency requirements
UPDATE: Action assigned to Joshua

Travel to F2F
Joshua clarified who needed flights to F2F.
ACTION: Clinton, Hugh, to book flights. Francois is already booked.

News article on website introducing new Council
UPDATE: In progress by Kathy
ACTION: Those who haven’t provided a bio to please do so to Kathy

Member DB
DISCUSSION DEFERRED to F2F

Current status of Media Subcommittee
Bianca identified 5 people who volunteered to be involved at linux.conf.au. Discussions have occurred around charter for the Media Subcommittee. Regarding Media Training, it was proposed that at least one person from the Media Subcommittee be present during Media Training. All in agreement. Bianca has the contact details for Media Subcommitte.
UPDATE: This is a work in progress, will be revisited at F2F.

Current status of BarCampMelbourne Subcommittee
Ben Dechrai has applied for BarCampMelbourne to be an ongoing Subcommittee rather than having a Subcommittee convening every year. Different views were expressed, some in support of having a Subcommittee for only one year, then reconvening, and some in support of ongoing Subcommittee. Subcommittees are not expired or ended at all.
Motion proposed by Joshua, seconded by Bianca to have BarCampMelbourne run as a Subcommittee for now.
Carried unanimously except for one abstention
(Kathy as previous BarCampMelbourne organiser)

Mirror Subcommittee
DECISION: Defer to face to face

Open Hardware conference
Discussions are ongoing in the community around how an Open Hardware conference will run.
DECISION: Defer to face to face.

Website updates
LCA2013 and LCA2014 updates to website
ACTION: Kathy to change this

Signatories on bank accounts
Joshua is currently a signatory. All in agreement that we need a third and possibly a fourth. Suggested that Hugh (VP) and Kathy (Secretary) also be signatories. Agreed. This needs to be arranged prior to face to face.
ACTION: Kathy and Hugh to get Westpac account numbers

Review use of Trello
Use of Trello was discussed. Concerns were raised that it is a second spot to be checking things. Kathy is finding Trello very useful. Discussion was held around need for a summary of action items.
ACTION: Continue using Trello
ACTION: Kathy to add Action Item Summary to list

LACTTE email list
Everyone has been made a moderator, this is causing some issues.
ACTION: Joshua to add details of LACTTE list moderation on the Wiki

Discussions held in camera

Three minor discussions were held in camera.
Council noted previous community feedback regarding in camera items and will attempt to make in camera items public in due course taking into consideration privacy and related confidentiality requirements.

Teleconf for 28th Feb cancelled due to Face to Face
Next meeting, Face to Face Friday 1 March evening until Sunday 3rd March evening
Meeting closed 2050hrs