Council Meeting 08 October 2013

Tue, 2013-10-08 19:50 - 20:09

Council Minutes Tuesday 08 October 2013

MINUTES Council Meeting

1. Confirm accuracy of previous minutes and note any omissions or errata
2. Log any correspondence for discussion or receipt
3. Review state of action items from previous meetings
4. Discuss starred items
5. Note any unstarred items
6. Other business

Meeting opened 1950hrs

Present

Mr Josh Hesketh, Ms Kathy Reid, Ms Bianca Gibson, Mr Josh Stewart

Apologies

Mr Hugh Blemings, Mr Clinton Roy, Mr Francois Marier

Quorum was achieved.

1. Confirm accuracy of previous minutes and note any omissions or errata.

MOTION by JOSH HESKETH that the minutes from 24th September are correct. SECONDED by Bianca, passed unanimously.

.
2. Log of correspondence

In the period since 24 September, 7 additional members have joined Linux Australia. Membership now stands at 2999 according to MemberDB.

MOTION proposed on list by KATHY REID pertaining to a quote received from ADAM ZAMMIT of ACSPRI in regard to the Linux Australia Member Survey:

MOTION That the quote received from ACSPRI be accepted and that Kathy work in conjunction with ACSPRI to produce, administer and collate the Linux Australia member survey, total cost approx $6500

The motion was SECONDED by HUGH BLEMINGS and passed by a majority of Council on list.
No further action required

MOTION proposed on list by KATHY REID pertaining to STIXCAMPGEMBROOK:

MOTION by Kathy Reid that LA sponsor BarCampMelbourne for $500, key
contact being BEN DECHRAI

The motion was SECONDED by JOSH HESKETH and supported by JOSH STEWART and BIANCA GIBSON.

Motion carried by a majority of Council

GRANT application received from CHRIS NEUGEBAUER on behalf of the Pycon-AU organisting team. In summary the grant request is for LA to become a Sponsor of Pycon-US in order to fund Australian and NZ Python developers who may not otherwise have a chance to attend, grant requested is $3500.

Chris has sent to linux-aus list for feedback.

DEFERRED for discussion until after Community has a chance to review/discuss

Job posting enquiry from MADELEINE HERBERT
Query has been responded to; no further action required at this time

Innovation patent submission from BIANCA GIBSON was discussed at length and worked on collaboratively by several Council members.
Submission was submitted to ACIP by deadline of 4th October.
No further action required at this time.

INVOICE received from SecurePay for $AUD395 for Verified by Visa services.
ACTION: Francois is across this and will pay invoice

2014 Regional Delegates Program.
Discussion around the effort versus value of this Program. Discussion around whether we could find a volunteer to run the Program, given the capacity of Council is limited. Decision that we should defer renaming the Program until we know are going to run it again.
ACTION: Bianca to contact the past volunteers to see if anyone is interested in running it again.

3. Review of action items from previous meetings

(Refer Trello for action items and please update current status before meeting)

Enquiry from SASCHA GROß regarding UEFI secure boot
ACTION: Hugh to follow up with John Ferlito and identify next actions

ACTION: Josh Hesketh to follow up with PAUL SZYNDLER of auDA to identify current progress and any actions required. LA has not yet paid them the agreed sponsorship amount of $2000.

ACTION: Josh Hesketh to follow up calls for participation for Webteam

ACTION: Clinton to send Francois his Westpac customer number
Believed to be in progress.

Grant application from ANDREW DONNELAN for CompCon 2013 for travel expenses for ELENA WILLIAMS.
ACTION: Reimburse Elena for travel
Believed complete, requires double checking.

Correspondence regarding KENNARDS STORAGE

ACTION: Bianca to email LEV LAFAYETTE, have tapes sent to STEVE WALSH

ACTION: Kathy to find BSB and account number and finalise reimbursement
Action complete, can be removed next minutes
ACTION: Francois to confirm receipt of refund of approx $400

ACTION: Funds for the Malcolm Treddinick memorial to be arranged
DEFERRED for discussion with Francois.

DISCUSSION: Funding for SHAUN NYQUIST funding request. Request was previously approved.
ACTION: Francois to arrange payment.

4. Items for discussion

LCA2014 update
Some logistical issues to work through, otherwise progressing well. Speaker confirmations / rejections have been issued. Schedule likely to be released this week.

LCA2015 bid submission update
Auckland visit was conducted, Council anticipates making decision at next teleconf
ACTION: Council to decide on 2015 host city
DEFERRED for discussion until 22 October

Drupal South
Going well

Drupal Gov
ACTION: El Pres to contact LEANNE SHORB for post event wrap-up
http://lanyrd.com/2013/drupalgov/schedule/
(Leanne to send update once invoices paid)

Joomla Day Sydney
Progressing well

Open Food Web
Progressing well, awaiting on software being available to work on

5. Items for noting

6. Other business

7. In camera

One item was discussed in camera

Meeting closed 2009hrs