Growing a team of Systems Support Engineers to work for a rapidly expanding global cloud technical firm in Sydney Australia.
World class Cloud infrastructure and application services firm
Global leader in their field expanding their Australian Data Centre operations
Be a part of a state of the art global technical team
My client is currently undergoing hyper-growth in Australia as they build their technical and support teams further. We are growing the existing team of Level 1 Support Engineers to be based in the Sydney office and work as part of a global Technical Data Centre team.
As a Systems Support Engineer , you will work with one of the most cutting edge data centres in the world, changing the face of cloud technology in Australia. You will be the primary contact for external customers and the Developer community developing mission critical applications in Australia as well as work closely with internal architects to resolve issues.
• Technical Support; prime for customer / developer technical support, problem solving and maintaining a high level of system reliability as well as resolving trouble tickets
• Troubleshoot: apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide unique solutions to individual customer needs
• Support Operations; Meet 24/7 & On Call requirements during shift rotations
• Communication: Drive customer communication during critical events
• Learn and use groundbreaking cloud technologies
Qualifications and Experience sought:
• BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience with high availability networks and systems, network operations or incident response (Operating Systems related support)
• Minimum of 3 years experience working with customers in a systems support or developer support environment
• Demonstrated proficiency of Linux, Unix or Windows administration
• Demonstrated proficiency in Networking (DNS, TCP/IP)
• Experience with virtualization technologies and server hardware troubleshooting experience
• Preferred knowledge in: Ipsec, VPN, Load Balancing, Iperf, MTR, Routing Protocols, SSH, Network Monitoring and troubleshooting tools
• Preferred knowledge in programming or Scripting; Java, Perl, Ruby, Ruby, C# or PHP
• Experience managing full application stacks from the OS up through custom applications
The ideal candidate thrives in a dynamic environment, is clearly passionate about technology, solving technical problems with an innovative approach to solutions.
For a confidential discussion please contact Saliya Katungu on 02 8023 5620.
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org