Based in Brisbane,my client is Australasia's premier provider of online research services.
We are currently looking for an experienced IT Operations Manager who has a solid track record of delivering highly available, robust production systems and online services. We need someone who is self motivated and self disciplined and interested in working with a dynamic team in a rapidly growing market.
The technical environment includes Apache webservers running PHP & AJAX applications against Oracle 11g databases running on Redhat Enterprise 5 servers. It is expected that the Operations Manager will have significant expertise with this technology stack. This position reports to the Head of Information Technology.
The successful applicant will have a minimum of 2 years experience in:
* Leading a team to deliver "business as usual" and meet internal and customer SLAs
* Delivering new infrastructure projects on time and budget
* Managing production outages and incidents including communicating with internal and external stakeholders
* Hardening networks, systems and services to prevent security breaches
* Implementing and testing disaster recovery processes for all systems and services.
Highly Desirable Skills:
* Experience managing the infrastructure to support high traffic websites and web-based applications
* Strong system administration skills covering primarily Linux/Unix systems but also some Microsoft products
* Experience managing key vendors to ensure positive technology and budget outcomes for the business
* Excellent written and oral communication and customer liaison skills
* Ability to coach and train staff
The ideal candidate will:
* Be passionate about creating and promoting a "can do" team ethic which focuses on deadlines and deliverable
* Display strong interpersonal communications skills and be able to write effectively to a variety of audiences including customers, partners and the executive and board.
* Be able to multi-task and prioritize tasks within a broad portfolio of projects across all life-cycle phases
* Make reasoned and justifiable technical recommendations
* Easily adopt and promote new technologies and work practices
* Be able to understand complex business requirements and research and deliver cost-effective technology solutions to meet them.
If you feel like moving a step further in your career and if you fit the basics requirement listed above, please send your updated resume to Mathieu Cornillon, email@example.com.
This is a permanent position with a very competitive salary package based on experience.