Tired of chasing the Amulet of Yendor ? Time to go up a level ?
If you are looking for a bit of a mixed buffet which allows you time to be a sysadmin (with a twist of BOFH), hack on interesting projects, build (and maintain!) infrastructure, support our lovely customers (and the not so lovely ones), then sir/madam, we have a tasty opportunity for you.
If you enjoy:
* Wearing a suit and tie to work;
* Vendor "certifications";
* Being abused by cPanel/Plesk.
Then this job ad is not for you.
Anchor is looking for an enthusiastic and talented Systems Administrator to join our team of talented systems gurus. Yes, we used the word talented twice.
The position is full-time, at our Sydney CBD office available for an immediate start.
In this role, whilst helping manage the hundreds of servers entrusted to our care using a combination of open source and custom systems automation tools, you will have the opportunity to learn best of breed practices, play with and evaluate the latest technology, and overall improve your skills and abilities.
Responsibilities and skills required for the role include:
* Excellent communication skills with understanding of the need to communicate things that people may need to know before they ask you (ESP/prescience a bonus).
* Intermediate/advanced Linux/Unix skills. Windows (optional).
* Intermediate/advanced knowledge of TCP/IP networking.
* Configuration of system services including Apache, BIND, Postfix, MySQL, PostgreSQL, and others as required.
Experience with RHEL/CentOS/Debian.
* Experience with designing and deploying network systems.
* Experience and understanding of security best practices and theory.
* Obsessive-compulsive attention to detail.
* Excellent testing, troubleshooting, debugging, and analysis skills.
* Maintenance of shared and dedicated hosting servers; applying security updates, scheduling outages, responding to monitoring systems, and system troubleshooting.
* Support for managed server customers via email and telephone.
* Obsessive-compulsive attention to detail. Really.
Tertiary qualifications in computer science or equivalent highly desirable. Programming experience and understanding of computer theory is desirable.
Anchor's Sydney CBD office is located within spitting distance of public transport and many pubs, has their own fussball and pool tables, and is a very relaxed and friendly working environment. Anchor is an equal opportunity employer.
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, please send all resumes and CVs to email@example.com