Dr. D is the digital production studio created by Academy Award winning producers George Miller and Doug Mitchell in partnership with the Omnilab Media Group.
We are seeking highly motivated individuals to work within the Render and Data Operations Team on Happy Feet 2.
This is an entry level position and an excellent opportunity to join a large studio, work on a CG feature film, and increase your skill set and understanding of a feature pipeline.
Reporting to the Render and Data Operations Manager, you will be liaising with Engineering, Service Delivery, and Production Managers to:
• Monitor and manage computing resources and the render farm queues
• Maintain and keep up to date technical documentation of procedures
• Identify and provide basic troubleshooting for faltering render jobs
• Collate systems utilisation data
• Determine current important renders and prioritisations, ensuring this information is passed between shifts and shared with the team
• Prioritise conflicting deadlines for many important tasks
Desirable to have:
• Final year or Degree/equivalent (Comp Sci/Eng, Soft Eng) OR relevant industry experience (IT,TD,TA,Data/Render Wrangler)
• Knowledge of, and demonstrable ability with, at least one scripting or coding language (ideally BASH, Python or C++)
• Ability to handle occasional on-call duty requests, prioritise competing deadlines
• An eye for detail and excellent problem solving skills
• Good people skills
• Exposure to Unix, Linux, Mac OS X and Windows platforms from an administrative perspective
• Willingness and availability to do shift work and weekends.
Roles start ASAP until August / September 2011
Find out more about Dr D Studios here, http://www.drdstudios.com.
To apply, please email a cover letter and C.V./resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note this is a full time short term contract. Candidates must be Sydney based with full Australian working rights, either Australian / NZ citizens, Australian Permanent Residents or on a working holiday visa.