Dr. D is the digital production studio created by Academy Award winning producers George Miller and Doug Mitchell in partnership with the Omnilab Media Group.
We are seeking highly motivated individuals to work within the Systems and Service Department on Happy Feet 2.
This is a mid level position and an excellent opportunity to join a large studio, work on a CG feature film, and increase your skill set and knowledge of CG feature film making.
Perform computer systems support for front and back-of-house systems and participate in projects related to ongoing maintenance and development of technology systems.
- This position reports to the Service Delivery Manager
- This position works within a team of Systems Technicians, Service Desk Coordinators & other IT&E support personnel
- This position does not have any direct reports
- Learning and maintaining currency on IT&E systems and procedures
- Adapting to rapid change and development in production support environment
- Contributing to team spirit and performance
- Providing customer-service oriented support presence
- Effectively gathering details, diagnosing and performing L2 break/fix and add/change support via telephone, remote technologies, and in person
- Maintaining record of activities in various support systems
- Managing tasks and priorities based on established procedures and input from management
- Participating in individual and cross-functional projects
- Assisting with L1 helpdesk coverage during support peaks
- Taking pro-active support measures to reduce the occurrence of support issues
- Maintaining knowledge of products and product updates
- Building constructive working relationships with vendors, customers and other business units
Required Skills & Experience:
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills and professional phone manner
- Strong organisational skills
- Solid problem solving abilities
- Thorough understanding of Windows/Linux/MacOS desktop computing and LAN/WAN environments
- 3-5 years experience in IT support position
- Tertiary education in Information Technology
Find out more about Dr D Studios here, http://www.drdstudios.com.
To apply, please email a cover letter and C.V./resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note this is a full time short term contract. Candidates must be Sydney based with full Australian working rights, either Australian / NZ citizens, Australian Permanent Residents or on a working holiday visa.