Bux.com is a mobile payment solutions company that provides payment and money transfer solutions for the unbanked and under-banked population of this world. To provide this service Bux.com uses hosted Linux services, part internally managed and some outsourced, and all with exceptionally high requirements for availability, integrity and security.
Our office is in Tennant St, Fyshwick, Canberra. Your coworkers are a friendly and diverse bunch. Work is full time with flexible hours.
As one of a small team of system administrators managing a business critical systems Bux.com will require you to:
* create, review and improve logging and system auditing capability
* deploy and manage file and system integrity monitoring
* manage system vulnerability and deliver corrective actions within a SLA
* review, test and deploy web application changes
* identify system bottlenecks and system security vulnerabilities
* liaise with external hosting providers on system improvements
* handle a small amount of level 1 support queries regarding Google Apps
* on a rotating call roster be available to respond to critical system incidents
IT skills/experience required:
- Experience in Redhat Linux systems administration
- Experience in managing Linux-based HTTPd (Apache) and database servers (MySQL and Postgresql)
- Ability to liaise and communicate effectively with external suppliers
- Understanding of DNS, HTTP, CDN, reverse proxies, IPtables
- Ability to conduct software testing especially from a security and scaling perspective.
- programming ability in PHP
- Ability to apply OWASP security principles
- Ability to comply without compromise to security and change control policies
IT skills/experience highly desired:
- Ability to work with in a RHEL5 Selinux targetted environment
- Ability to write SELinux policies and RPM spec files
- Ability to work with Puppet configuration management
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to documentation and improve processes
- Ability to work efficiently to meet deadlines without supervision
- Experience in migrating operational systems
Other skills/qualifications desired:
- Experience in managing Postfix email servers
- ability to write small amounts of authentication integration software (OAuth / LDAP )
- a grasp of HTML and CSS.
- RHCE / RHCT
- awareness of current market and upcoming trends
- ability to train staff in the competent use of relevant systems
This is a full time position available immediately after select. Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience. Position may be subject to a police check and will require character references.
You may apply by sending a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 11th July. Applicants will be shortlisted soon there after and interviewed with a job offer for the successful applicant occurring before the 18 July.
Further questions available on 02 6103 7295 during business hours.