The Linux Foundation is looking for a Linux Systems Engineer to join the Certification IT team. The Certification IT team is responsible for the development and support of the Certification Platform which hosts various skills based technical exams.
For more information about our service, visit https://training.linuxfoundation.org/certification.
This role is a full time remote position. All we ask is that you are based in Australia. Salary range is $95,000 to $109,000 excluding superannuation.
The Linux Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for the role, send a short email with your resume attached to email@example.com.
- Assist in design, development, testing, implementation, deployment and maintenance of distributed systems across multiple regions within different Cloud providers.
- Provide level 3 technical support to Linux Foundation support staff on platform operational related issues.
- Document technical design and processes for Linux Foundation team members.
Skills and Technical Experience
- Advanced Linux system programming in bash and python.
- Linux systems management using SaltStack and the SaltStack API.
- Low level Linux system administration experience with CentOS, Ubuntu and openSUSE with excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Experience using git for version control.
- Experience with AWS services EC2, CloudFormation, SQS, S3, VPC, IAM and Route53 in a production environment.
- OpenStack experience running in a production environment.
- Experience with building and deploying Docker containers within production environments.
- Python experience in building HTTP API clients and servers.
- A demonstrated ability in writing technical documentation for team members to communicate complex design, concepts and workflows.
- Ability to work autonomously from a remote location with team members being located in the United States, Canada and Australia.