Council Meeting 13 October 2011

Thu, 2011-10-13 20:03 - 20:22
  • Present: Michael Carden, Peter Lieverdink, Jamez Polley, Kelly Yeoh, Alice Boxhall.
  • Apologies: Joshua Hesketh, John Ferlito.

Agenda

  • LCA 2012 update
    Community Awards / RW? We should. Will we? Peter will ask John what's going on - maybe use website for nominations and votes
  • Election
    Setup in MemberDB and good to go, will open on Nov 28.
  • LCA 2013 update
    Team lead and treasurer have westpac IDs. Joshua or John will get them setup with an account.
  • Budget progress for new financial year (provisionally starting 1 October)
    In progress.
  • Progress of policy discussion on linux-aus
    • Donations
      In progress.
  • Media team / Advocacy
    Check the media list. Kelly with talk to Arjen and Alice will ask Bianca is she's happy to go on there too.
  • Treasurer's report
    John and Peter to sign the report.
  • Moving to Mediawiki
    In progress, mainly working.
  • Non-Paypal payment gateways
    In progress.
  • Code of Conduct
    Alice and John have amended the CoC. One sentence needs some work; council to have a wrestle with it. Alice will mail the council.
  • Quote for new server hardware
    In progress.
  • ZDNet says we'll talk about this: http://www.zdnet.com.au/linux-aus-may-have-a-case-on-win-8-accc-339323233.htm
    Looking to get some more info from hardware vendors.
  • Face to Face
    No sensible weekend where all are able to attend. Will verify via email how flexible availability is.