Minutes of Council Meeting 25 March 2014

Tue, 2014-03-25 19:49 - 20:44

Council Minutes Tuesday 25 March 2014

MINUTES Council Meeting

1. Confirm accuracy of previous minutes and note any omissions or errata
2. Log any correspondence for discussion or receipt
3. Review state of action items from previous meetings
4. Discuss starred items
5. Note any unstarred items
6. Other business

Check the Committee calendar in Google Docs

Present: Joshua Hesketh, Francois Marier, Josh Stewart, Sae Ra Germaine, Chris Neugebauer, Kathy Reid
Apologies: Hugh Blemings

Meeting opened 1949hrs
1. Confirm accuracy of previous minutes and note any omissions or errata
Confirm that the accuracy of;

Minutes of 25 February are correct
MOTION by Joshua Hesketh that the minutes of 25 Feb are correct
SECONDED Sae Ra Germaine
CARRIED unanimously

Seek an update of the Council face to face meeting 8-9 March Minutes

UPDATE: Currently under review
ACTION: All Council to review minutes, communicate via email to ensure that they are accurate and that we’re comfortable sending them out
ACTION: Kathy to ensure the minutes are appropriately formatted

2. Log of correspondence
Quick stats
There have been 6 new members added since last meeting. Membership stands at 3109 according to MemberDB
Twitter followers stands at 720 (705 last minutes)
Membership of linux-aus list stands at 585 (588 last minutes)
Membership of announce list stands at 1568 (1569 last minutes)

Request for Sponsorship from GEMMA DEVANADERA for DrupalCamp Manila
UPDATE: Joshua has responded indicating we can provide in-kind support
MOTION by Joshua that Linux Australia provide in kind support such as advice, website promotion etc.
SECONDED by Chris Neugebauer
CARRIED unanimously

Request for update on TPP position paper from LEV LAFAYETTE representing LINUX USERS’ VICTORIA
UPDATE: In progress by Josh Stewart, close to completion and will be finalised this week.

Videos from other events getting uploaded to YouTube raised by STEPHEN WALSH at AGM
In progress, no further action at this time

Offer of assistance with anti Trans Pacific Partnership agreement activities from PAUL GARDNER-STEPHEN
UPDATE: Feedback was provided back to Josh S, for discussion on next steps
Josh S Will add a comment about similarities with OSIA.
Nearly ready to send.

ENQUIRY from CYPRIEN GAY regarding a petition against being forced to buy an operating system when purchasing a computer
FOR DISCUSSION on next action
ACTION: Joshua Hesketh to action the enquiry and arrange to have the petition signed

ENQUIRY from PETER LAWLER regarding prioritising distribution of conference videos in patent-unencumbered formats over non-free formats.
See http://lists.linux.org.au/private/committee/2014-January/024824.html

Encouragement for events to adopt unencumbered formats in progress.

3. Review of action items from previous meetings
Mainly arising from Face to Face

1. Finalise new list Code of Conduct (CoC).
2. Review of the subcommittee policy is currently under way.

DISCUSSION: Council discussed the new Event Subcommittee policy at length, particularly the draft clauses around returning profits to Linux Australia. There was general consensus that the amount of profit expected is subjective and should be negotiated between Council and the Event Subcommittee. The new policy is being circulated throughout previous Ghosts for feedback and polishing. Current Events teams are generally comfortable with the new policy also.

ACTION: Review of the Subcommittee Policy is a high priority for all Council. All Council to review the new policy so that a motion to approve it can be moved on list.
4. Items for discussion

LCA2015 update
Ghosts is scheduled for this coming weekend.
Making good progress

LCA2016 update
Team is planning meetings and doing initial activities

PyCon AU update
CFPs now open. Chris Neugebauer meeting Clinton Roy in Montreal next week for further discussions. On track.
ACTION: Chris to sort out taxation issue.

Drupal South
Was held last week, for discussion on wrap-up activities
ACTION: Joshua go chase a post event wrap up / report
Drupal South Melbourne is all set up bank-wise.

Joomla Day Sydney
Joshua H has an update
ACTION: Josh to update website

DrupalGov are looking at another event

Global WordCamp people are in contact
5. Items for noting
6. Other business
7. In camera

Meeting closed at 2044hrs by Joshua Hesketh