At Open Query (http://openquery.com), we aim to provide a low or no-stress work environment (http://bluehackers.org and http://upstarta.com.au are among our spinoffs). You'll make a life, as well as a living. See it as a lifestyle choice rather than just a job.
We offer ongoing part-time contracts with a guaranteed minimum number of hours, as well as an agreed maximum. So you can have more free time, or do other things. We pay decent rates so you may find that part-time is quite sufficient for your life needs.
We're flexible, but we do take commitments seriously. Contact us, and we'll discuss...
What we're looking for here is a geek with human interaction and sales skills, not a traditional sales executive.
We actively encourage geek women to apply!
Given the work-from-home and part-time nature of this job, it may be suited to a stay-at-home parent, but not exclusively so.
- understanding of the technical space in which Open Query operates;
- ability to communicate clearly with technical as well as business people;
- proven ability to effectively manage client relationships;
- proven business development skills;
- exemplary high standards of customer service, honesty, integrity and initiative;
- live in Australia or New Zealand, with permission to work and no visa restrictions;
- self-motivated, ability to work independently (from anywhere - good Internet access required);
- excellent written/verbal English.
- (some travel may be required)
Range of tasks
- maintain and develop relationships with our clients;
- ensure that existing clients are and remain happy;
- identify current and future needs of current and potential clients;
- initiate first contact with leads, and stay in touch using appropriate means and schedule;
- answer the clients’ questions and ensure their problems are resolved, conduct follow-up tasks;
- ensure that clients know how to use our services and provide assistance if necessary;
- take and initiate phonecalls, coordinate conference calls;
- liaise with management and engineers internally.
Your pay will be performance based, but not in silly simplistic terms like "more sales is good". We want to grow, but we don't care for a hit&run approach, or running on the premise that a bigger client is by definition a better one. Clients need to fit with our scope of services, and the way we work needs to mesh with the way the clients' business operates.
When we talk about good performance at Open Query, we mean that our clients are satisfied and keep renewing their service subscriptions.
Sounds good! What next?
Detailed applications (resume in plain txt please) to:
j o b s (at) o p e n q u e r y (dot) c o m
Asking questions is encouraged! You want the gig, you "work" for it. Your initial message to us may already indicate inventiveness, attitude, approach, and so on. (For instance, doing things contrary to the instructions here is a good example of fail.)
We'll get back to you with some questions to assess your general, job-relevant and problem solving skills, and after that we'll have a chat in person, on the phone or over skype.
You can also view this job ad, as well as related info, via http://openquery.com/company/jobs/sales-account-manager