Silne is a data and analytics startup. We seek to have a positive impact on society by removing the world’s information asymmetries. We’re doing this with cutting edge analytics, new technology, and innovative clients. We’re solving some exciting data problems about US borrowers, competing against the big credit bureaus - where we go from here is up to you.
The role :
• Our second full time engineer!
• Focus on backend development of our cloud hosted analytical scoring engine which aggregates novel data and fits cutting edge predictive models. Have a major impact on all aspects of the product development lifecycle, from prototyping to scaling. Work with large, messy transactional datasets, and real customer problems
• Location : Melbourne… we have overseas team members and clients, you should be willing to travel up to 25% of your time
• Competitive salary and equity in a funded, ambitious startup
Are you a good fit? :
1. You have 3+ years of experience as a guru programmer in a related field, delivering on tight deadlines and participating in both design and implementation
2. You have excellent communication and planning skills
3. You are a guru ruby or python programmer. You excel at an open source framework such as Rails. You have worked “big data” problems in relational and NoSql environments. You understand modern data mining and statistical techniques.
4. You have a voracious appetite to learn; you probably participate in online forums and contribute to open source.
6. You are task oriented and you work like crazy when needed – you are able to get work done over skype or in seat 23k flying over the atlantic. You love being part of a small team and don’t care who said what so long as the product rocks – in fact you can’t sleep until the product rocks
7. You think it’s all about execution and scalability. Customized solutions make you cringe
8. You love data and believe that more data, widely and appropriately used, is good for the world. You know what Y = A.K.N means and you want to spend time on A.
If this sounds like you, please send us your resume today to email@example.com