Young & Rubicam Group is a global network of preeminent companies focused on building strategic partnerships to deliver global excellence in all forms of communications. Our family of companies, long described as "best alone, better together," focuses on the delivery of the broadest and most innovative of integrated solutions for our clients.
We are looking for someone to join our DevOps team situated in Sydney.
DevOps engineering includes application deployment, management, maintenance, configuration and repair. The DevOps team works with VML, Inc. collaboratively with development teams to continually improve processes following a DevOps methodology.
The successful candidate would take ownership of projects to provide assistance to the various agencies’ development teams moving their code through the various environments (dev, UAT, production, etc) and then help support it.
All candidates must have the right to work in Australia and have a firm command of the English language both spoken and written.
Position: DevOps Engineer
- Establishes web systems by planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration and testing of (virtual) infrastructure, software, operating system and application management systems
- Maintains web environments by automating code building, site deployments and site updates, configuration of health checks and enforcement of system and operational policies and procedures
- Ensures web system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis and performance tuning and by troubleshooting system hardware, software and web applications
- Secures web system by implementing system access controls, testing disaster recovery policies, ensuring proper backup procedures are in place and functioning, and maintaining documentation
- Manage and maintain a strong working relationship with client third party hosting and infrastructure vendors and partners.
Mastery-level knowledge of common web server platforms and components, including but not limited to:
- Web and application servers: nginx, Apache, IIS, Tomcat (WebLogic, WebSphere, JBoss)
- Linux and Windows server operating systems
- Experience with Public Cloud Hosting providers: Microsoft Azure, Rackspace Cloud, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Ability to write and maintain scripts in Python, Perl, Bash, Powershell or similar.
- Familiarity with DevOps, web development life cycle, source control systems, continuous integration, change management and task-tracking tools
- Examples: GIT, Subversion, Jenkins, Maven, JIRA, Confluence, Puppet, Chef, SonarQube.
- Ability to be able to write and execute SQL scripts
- Learn new technologies quickly; self-motivated; dependable; client-facing at times; handle high pressure situations; prioritise effectively while multitasking
- Follow best practice and standard protocols and procedures as well as implementing process improvements and efficiencies.
- Update job knowledge by tracking emerging internet technologies by participating in training opportunities (formal and informal) and professional networks, reading professional publications and more
- Accept ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and to explore opportunities to add value
- As this role requires interaction with VML and Partner global teams across different time zones, some work outside of regular business hours may be required.
Location is Sydney, CBD
Applications for this position can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Only direct applicants will be considered. We do not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies. No (search) fee will be paid in the event we hire a candidate whose resume is submitted by an employment agency to any of our employees without a valid written recruitment agreement. Such resumes shall be deemed the sole property of Y&R Group.